4/01/2010

Whip myself into shape

As some of you know, I have been feeling sort of lethargic for the past couple of months. I started running again about a month ago and initially was doing pretty well. But then the last couple of weeks I have been really hit-and-miss about running. I hate it! And I've found that the best way to be active is to just do it. So, with that mindset, I decided to today that I am going to run an ultramarathon this Saturday. It's called "Le Chemin Ultime de Fous." It is 50 miles but they are relatively flat (fortunately this region of France doesn't have a lot of hills) so I think I will be all right. I just hope it doesn't rain because the entire course is off-road (most ultramarathons are) and I left my racing spikes in the US. I am running in regular running shoes and if the path gets muddy I could be in trouble.

Anyway, it should be fun!

Oh, and happy first of April! It's one of the best days of the year.

No comments: