4/03/2010

Jesus is Lord

In a technical sense, this will always be true. Jesus is God. He lived a sinless life, died as if He had sinned, and then rose from the dead to prove His supremacy over everything. EVERYTHING. Including temptation, and including death, the two things that no other man has ever conquered, no matter how great he was.

But in another sense, Jesus is only Lord for me if I allow Him to be. He will not force me into submission. Yet. One day, every knee will bow to Him. Every man, woman, and child who has ever been born will bow before Him. But until that day, I am allowed to chose my Lord.

I choose Jesus, and I choose Him today. If I want to spend eternity with Him, I want to know Him well before eternity starts, just as I wish to know my wife before I marry her. How can I truly call him Lord if I do not know Him well enough to know what He wants? It is for that reason that I seek Him daily. I want to be a man. There is no greater model of manhood than my Lord. But most of all, He made me so that I could love Him. It is my pleasure to fulfill His divine desire.

No comments: