4/28/2010

Tulips in Holland...

Well, I didn't go to Holland but I did go to Paris (imagine that!). And lo and behold, the garden of Luxembourg looks a whole lot prettier now than it was in the winter. It is truly amazing all of the things that God does in the spring. Here are some photos.






One day I was in the park and I was admiring all that simple little white flowers in the grass. I leaned over to pick one and then stopped. What right did I have to molest nature like that for no reason, even if it was just one little flower out of thousands? I stopped and thought about it. I realized that yes, I do actually have the right to do that. Why? Because God made the world for two reasons. One was His own pleasure and the other was for the pleasure of His final creation, humans. Therefore, we have a right do with nature that which is pleasing to us. However, we are also entrusted with the task of being the stewards of nature. Therefore, we are to be responsible in our usage of nature. In the simplest sense, this means not destroying nature for no particular reason. And since in my case I had no particular need to see the flower any closer than I could see it sitting there on the ground, I decided not to pull it up.

*photos 2,5,6 used pseudoHDR and/or enhancement

1 comment:

C.A.S. said...

Good choice.... I appreciate how much thought you put into it! :)