4/22/2010

Chevreuse

Welcome to Chevreuse! The first things I saw were cows in front of a cute barn. This made me very happy. I haven't seen cows in forever. The cows were thrilled to see me, as cows always are. This farm also has rabbits, goats, chickens, ducks- and children are allowed to go pet them. I would highly recommend it as a family outing.


Chevreuse also boasts a large number of neat old churches


This is the first legitimate castle I have seen in France.


It was easy to see but it took quite a while to actually get to it. I reached the end of a small alley and it turned into a dirt path. I followed that up the front of the hill, carrying my bicycle, and at last emerged at the foot of the castle. Very cool.


Unfortunately I got there too late to go inside, but I enjoyed it a lot anyway. I snooped around outside, got the pano picture, and eventually headed back home. Here is a parting shot.


On the way back I found a very pretty little foot path.

No comments: