10/14/2008

STUPID DEER!

I drove into downtown to run with my old cross country team, not realizing that they are all on Fall break for the week. That was sad. So I went for a run by myself on the old trails that I used to be sick of. It was great, and I got to see the new bridge. I also saw a deer. Not from a distance. I could have jumped on it and gone for a ride, I was so close. Literally 10 feet, and it seemed only slightly nervous. It apparently reserved a small amount of hope that I was concealing food, because it alternated between ignoring me and looking at me longingly. Stupid domesticated deer. I enjoyed the experience, but it made me feel somewhat depressed about all the tromping around I do in the state park to see a scraggly white tail vanishing into the brush. Still, the experience means a lot more when you have to work for it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

No comments: