10/17/2008

New Work

Last night I drove to my parents' house after work, ate with them and my Grandmother, swapped cars, and went to a Bible study hosted by my dear friend who also happens to be my roommate's sister. We had a great time (well, at least I did- hopefully I didn't bore them) and I was able to share a lot. I drove back to my parents' house and crashed until 4 a.m. I was hoping that I could beat the rush hour coming back into the city from the west. I took some back roads and bypassed most of the mess entirely, getting to work with plenty of time to spare before 7:00.

Work was fun today; I could tell it was a Friday. Everybody was goofy beyond belief. Fortunately our supervisor was in a good mood, so she didn't mind. The craziness kept me awake and I didn't even need to resort to coffee.

I also talked to my supervisor today about taking two days off in mid-November for my friend's wedding. She said it was fine, which is a real answer to prayer. Thank you God! And thank you, everyone who prayed that my conversation with her would go well.

And now I need to try to catch up on sleep. I got a lot of responses to my latest letter, which I will hopefully get to tomorrow. I am going to a cross country meet in the morning and my parents are also going to go, and then come see my apartment afterwards and hang out for the afternoon. Busy, busy! It should be fun.

I should post a parting picture. Eeny Meeny Miny... This is from Wednesday night.

No comments: