10/13/2008

Frustrations and Photos


I did my evening commute twice tonight in an effort to find a good running path. I never did find the park, and I ended up on a major road at 4:30 in the afternoon. I was not a happy camper. I then went to a super retail store in search of a car compass, in hopes that such a magical gadget would prevent me from making the same kind of blunder again. I learned that some super retail stores have an automotive section the size of an Alaskan banana plantation. I wound up with a goofy little compass/ thermometer gadget from the outdoor sporting department. It needs to be held perfectly flat in order to work correctly, so I don't expect it to help much when I am in the car. However, I have hopes that it will help me to get home when I am photo hunting.
Speaking of which... I went duck hunting tonight. I shot some extremely poor duck pictures, which is why I am not posting them, but I did enjoy some of the wetness and overall discomfort that makes duck hunting such a wonderfully unique sport. If I find hip waders on clearance, I am getting them. As I left I was able to shoot some nifty pictures of the moon over the pond.
Work went well, despite a shortage of mail (no mail on President's Day). I was happy that we didn't get sent home early. And now I have talked to my parents on the phone until much too late at night, and I am going to FEEL IT tomorrow. Good night!


p.s. Here are some more pictures of the apartment complex amenities. Not bad, eh?

2 comments:

Tim Austin said...

I work right on Highway 169 and 494. The roads around there are difficult. The best thing you can do is study google maps intently and memorize it the best you can. Good luck!

I.S. said...

Dude! We work right next to each other. Why did I never realize that? Too bad you are on the other side of 169 or we could practically hang out on lunch breaks.