2/24/2009

Rough Day

Today was a long day. I was really frustrated and irritated when I got done with my run this morning, which is a bad sign. Normally that is my happiest point of the day. I ranted to God for half an hour or so, and then spent the next hour or two praying. By the end of that time, I had a lot more peace and also a couple of ideas.
I almost missed my session with my first trainee at work because I haven't yet adjusted completely to the schedule and I was thinking that I meet with him an hour later than I do. Fortunately God popped the idea into my head that maybe I was wrong, so I managed to leave the apartment in not too much of hurry. At work, one of my trainees had a meltdown. Kicking and screaming and all kinds of stuff. Fortunately I have seen most of that before, so it didn't phase me too much. Still, it puts a damper on life.
And then I won an ebay auction, paying $26 for shoes (including shipping) that normally cost 70 or 80 in a store. So that was pretty sweet. But then the company sent me an email saying that if I hadn't already paid through ebay I could pay on their own website. I fortunately had the intelligence to pay through ebay rather than trusting them, but I am still nervous about it. The ebay site says to ignore any email telling you to buy elsewhere because the whole thing is against ebay policy and may be a fraud. So now I am praying that it really is all above board, and if it isn't that I don't have to deal with it. I notified ebay, so they are conducting an independent investigation and won't contact me about it unless they need more info.
End of the day analysis: Life is hard, but God is faithful. Get a helmet, be thankful.

No comments: