2/17/2009

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow

Praise Him, all creatures here below
Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

Yes, another blessing has flowed my way.
This song also makes me think about heaven.
I long to observe the heavenly hosts praising God.
I can hardly believe that some day I will have that
privilege, and even more, that I will be invited to
join in. It makes me want to practice my worship
now, on earth. Not just my singing, but everything
I do. I want to develop a heart that beats for God,
a mind that sets itself effortlessly to His will. I
want to feel the rhythm so I don't end up being
that person who is constantly clapping on the off-
beat. I feel that heaven will be something like a
massive, elaborate, multi-media jazz performance,
where each person contributes his or her talents
and takes his turn with one the others and with
the angels, for the sole purpose of worshiping God.

You will probably find me with Eric Liddell, running
around with our heads back and mouths open,
cherishing the delight of our father.

No comments: