2/10/2009

Oops!

I accidentally posted my last two blogs to my exercise blog rather than this one. Anyway, here they are:

Yesterday:

Ooooo, I feel yucky today! Threw up three times this morning, pretty much been sleeping and drinking water since then.

Two Days Ago:

This weekend was a little rough with the passing of Grandpa, but it was also very good. There were enough stories told about him that I feel like I actually know him better now than I did when he was alive.
His death also gave much of the family an excuse to get together 4 days in a row, a feat that has possibly never occurred before. Believe it or not, I'm still not sick of them, either. I love my cousins so much. We almost treat each other more like siblings than cousins.
Today was a potluck after church and a talent show. My brother and I, with the help of a friend, threw together a quick script right before lunch and performed it. It was the "2 minute" version of a 2 hour play our church has done many, many times. Most people wouldn't have understood our antics, but our audience thought it was great.
Then I went to my cousin's birthday party and we went skating. That was cool. I had never gone ice skating with any of cousins.
And then I drove back to the cities. And even that wasn't dull. As I drove along a car was holding pace just behind me for half a mile or so. I didn't think much of it until he suddenly accelerated past me and I saw that it was a police car.
A mile or two later I had come up behind an early 2000s silver car. This was odd because I was going the speed limit. Most cars in the cities go 5 over and I would never catch them. Another police car came down the ramp, so I merged over to let him in. As I pulled away from the other car (which was still going less than the speed limit) I kept watching my rearview mirror to see what the police car would do. I kept expecting him to go around the car, since it was going slow. But for about half a mile the police car stayed behind the other car, and then suddenly he turned on his lights and pulled it over. So I figure the police were out looking for a silver buick for some reason or other. Even though mine is a '91, they decided to run my plate # just in case.

No comments: