1/08/2009

No Really, I Love Winter

During training today I was acting as the guinea pig for our trainer. After doing a number of basic cognitive challenges with relative ease, she started making things more and more difficult for me in order to stretch my limits. In one exercise she had me doing multiple things at once and then on top of it asked me to list 5 of my favorite things. So I started, "Snow, Ice, Hock..." Her burst of laughter interrupted me and completely messed up our little training session. She good-naturedly accused me of being a liar. Little did she know, I was actually telling the truth! I still get a little smile on my face every time it starts snowing. I think skating on ice is one of the most amazing feelings on earth, trailing only slightly behind floating in random orientations underwater (pseudoweightlessness). I figured when I finally had to drive in a Minnesota winter I would want to head south. Not true- I love donuts. And the sketchy driving is always worth the trip to the rink. I LOVE hockey! I have tried to enjoy soccer as much as I like hockey, since I will probably play it a lot in the future. But I just can't do it. Soccer is good, but hockey is way more fun, and always will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got some skates for Christmas. We gotta play sometime!!

I.S. said...

Yay!
How about tomorrow night?