3/05/2009

Running and Other Activities

This week my marathon training begins. I will now be updating my Xrcise blog weekly, or daily if I become really obsessed, so you can see how I am doing. The number on the left is what my training plan says I should do. The number on the right is what I have done.

I enjoy moving to a new area because it changes the running scenery. Once the snow melts I will have more options as well.

I am now mostly moved in to the new place and wondering if I should have kept things more packed. The guy on the other side of the wall plays his television really loud 24 hours/day. This makes me wear earplugs to bed so I can sleep at night and headphones during the day so I can concentrate on my work. This morning when I got back from my run he had finally decided to turn his television off for the first time all week, which is a blessing.
The room is also really cold- to the point that I generally wear a jacket- and I don't control the thermostat. Furthermore, I am still a 25 minute drive from work, which doesn't make much sense when I work one hour shifts. So I am still checking Craigslist regularly for open rooms closer to work.
Two days ago I gave myself an online marketing crash course. Then I wrote out a script so I would have some clue what to do with a telephone, and then yesterday I started calling. Such fun.

No comments: