3/19/2009

Eagles

Getting home for the weekend was really a blessing. I was able to hang out with my brother on the end of his spring break and also goof off with my cousins. On Saturday night we played crab walking soccer in my Grandma's basement. It was violent, exhausting fun. Then we played lay-on-your-back volleyball to give ourselves a break.
On Sunday the theme of the service was hope. It was something I need a lot right now. After that we drove my brother back up to school. Good trip, and we got in some good conversations.
On Monday I was able to relax a little and spend some time with mom. That night we had some friends over for supper. They were also really encouraging to me. We had a delightful evening. I also got to help their daughter with her algebra. I love doing math as long as it isn't my own! I also love catching math books making mistakes, and I'm pretty sure hers made one on one of her problems. Good old Holt.
Anyway, I finally headed back to the cities on Tuesday. As I was driving away from our house, I saw two bald eagles devouring a racoon on the road. I tried to get some shots, but they flew off. So I drove away, waited for a minute or two, and then came back in a slightly more stealthy manner. Still not very stealthy, though, since I was in my work clothes (good shoes and all). I still didn't get any good pictures that were correctly in focus. My auto focus must have been grabbing the wrong thing. But, after an abnormal amount of digital correction, I have some half-salvagable images that look okay as long as you don't look too close:

He wasn't sure whether to eye me or keep going to town on the racoon.

This could have been a useful shot if my camera had focused.


I find the sign humorous, but I'm not sure why.

I included this one mainly because you can see my mom in the background.

The problem with photographing birds is that if you aren't concealed they always fly AWAY from you.

This is their lair.

No comments: