3/06/2011

Peoples!

There are all kinds of people here this week, especially kids, thanks to a national multi-school, multi-event sports tournament. Kind of like an olympics for kids. So my normally-quiet life has been looking more like this:


 Friday night we went bowling! That's right, there is actually a bowling alley in town. I think it just opened a couple of months ago. It's really nice, too.

 I just sat on the porch and watched the chaos for a little bit. Does that make me an old man?
 I wasn't the only one to sit around on the porch that afternoon.
 And then I had to get some pretty pictures. It's kind of hard to explain, but when I am back home, beauty is everywhere. Everything is green and/or colorful. Unless, of course, it is covered in snow. But even the snow is pretty. And at any rate, you know it will melt in a couple of months. Here, it is A LOT harder to for me to find anything that is beautiful, and sometimes that really bothers me. I pretty much have to find individual plants that are pretty and get really close to them. So that is what I do from time to time in order to kind of recharge my "beauty supply."
These are the plants growing in pots around our septic drainfield. Very beautiful, aren't they?



 I really like this plant with the spider webs.

Both my roommate and I have gotten a lot of pleasure recently out of playing this old guitar that I found in the conference room. It was missing a string so I bought a new pack of strings for it, and despite some misfortunes it works now! Pray it keeps working, the strings are not good quality.

No comments: