3/16/2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

As you may have gathered at this time last year, St. Patrick is probably one of my favorite unmet persons (as opposed to people I actually know). I have thought on his story from time to time since I began this international adventure. My situation is peachy compared to his, but sometimes I have felt a similar sense of loneliness, homesickness, and smallness that he dealt with as a slave in Ireland. I like Patrick because he was very very human, but he just learned to trust God and do what He said. And God used him for some amazing things.

Seasons wrote a song about him that I have listened to quite frequently this past year and it always encourages me. It is the third song on their playlist at http://www.reverbnation.com/seasonsmusic

“I am Patrick, yes a sinner and indeed untaught; yet I am established here in Ireland where I profess myself bishop. I am certain in my heart that "all that I am," I have received from God."

I would do well to pray often this prayer which reflects the faith of St. Patrick:

          "Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
          Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
          Christ in every eye that sees me,
          Christ in every ear that hears me!"


(taken from http://orderofsaintpatrick.org/breastplate.htm )

No comments: