3/01/2011

Carte D'identity

This morning I went to the Police des étrangers (police for the foreigners) for the third time since I got here. The first time I was just going along to watch. The second time I had forgotten an important document (well, necessary at any rate). This time I was actually ready!
We went really early in the morning to avoid the rush and were able to walk right in. The officer I talked with was very pleasant and in less than 5 minutes I was on my way with an appointment to pick up my to-be-processed paperwork on the 11th.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for me! I am really happy to get this process rolling. Please continue to pray, and I will let you know how it goes on the 11th.

Tonight we played 4 square out in the parking lot. I haven't played that since elementary school! Well, with the notable exception of "elementary school games" night at college. The one major difference was that we were using a basketball. You gotta use what you have!

Here is a view of our parking lot looking towards the door and our guard, who likes to stand in the door and watch people go by because we aren't nearly interesting enough to keep him entertained.

That was a fun way to relax from work, which was a bit frantic today. I am doing the same series of processes, which together take maybe 10 minutes, 1,200 times. Fortunately some things can be done simultaneously, but I'll still be at it for more than a week for sure.

All this work is for an excellent cause, but that doesn't keep it from getting to be an awful lot to keep track of. It also gets sort of hypnotic in a way. It's nice to be able to go out in the parking lot and throw a basketball around.

No comments: