11/30/2009

What a week

The past week has been crazy, fun, and crazy fun. On Tuesday I had my first guitar lesson (fun) and went to a concert by one of our teachers who is really talented (also fun). The next morning I went to an info meeting for a local charity organization (crazy). Thursday night we had our Thanksgiving meal (fun) and I met some cool people from the states who are studying in various parts of Europe and Africa and all congregated here this weekend (very fun). Friday night I rode a bike into Paris (crazy and fun) to meet up with the crew so we could eat together and watch the light show at the Eiffel tower (fun!) Then we wandered the town, admiring Noël decorations until really late, and just barely caught the last train home. I don't think any of us were really paying attention to the time, so it was purely the grace of God. That was fun, except that we had to drag the bike back on a super packed train.
Saturday I got up early and wandered around Paris all day with a friend who is studying in Switzerland (crazy fun!). Thanks to the metro and a TON of walking, we covered three corners of the city, including the Sacre Coeur. We met up just after dark with some more of his friends, took a boat tour, ate some Chinese food (ironic, no?) and watched the light show on the Eiffel Tower. (fun!)
Sunday I was super tired but I was able to eat breakfast with some good friends so it was okay. Then I went to church and the service dragged on and on. 3 hours. And I understood about 30% of the sermon. Halfway through I was already fighting to stay awake. We had a good worship time before and after, though.
So I got home super tired, did my homework, and Skyped my parents when I should have gone to bed. So all day today I have been wandering like a zombie.
And now it is bedtime again. So I'm going to sign off. Hopefully I can get some pictures up tomorrow to show all the fun and craziness I have been having!

No comments: