9/09/2009

Yay, wow, etc.

Yay!- I got to see Paris today. We took a boat tour on the Seine and then a couple of us walked to Notre Dame afterward. I have a ton of pictures, of course, but it is past midnight here so I need to go to bed.

Wow!- Raise your hand if you knew that the literal translation of the French for 91 is "four twenty and eleven."

etc.- Today a French guy asked me for directions. I was rather surprised, especially since I had a camera over my shoulder. I thought I had tourist written all over me. Unfortunately I had no clue what he was looking for, so I just said "I don't know" in French and put a sad look on my face. Either my French or the sad look got the message across, and he went on his merry way. Hopefully in a week or so I will know the area well enough and be more used to hearing French, so there would maybe be some hope of giving him directions.

Tomorrow is a test or quiz or something like that. I did some studying and kept getting sidetracked. There are so many things I want to know, I tend to get lost in the pronunciation charts and conjugation lists. As I try to talk with the other students in French I keep realizing how little I know. This makes me look for words in the dictionary, but since I don't know conjugations for verbs and my pronunciation is also terrible, the dictionary doesn't get me nearly enough information. It is frustrating, but a good kind of frustrating.