9/30/2009

Picnic!

We had a picnic last Friday for everybody who lives at the school. So here, at long last, are some pictures.

We have Wednesdays off, so I spent this morning sorting through paperwork and trying to brush up on some vocab. Once I get this posted I plan to do a little bit more homework before lunch, and then attack the rest of it after I eat. We finally got our unit 3 test back yesterday, and once again I did quite well. 96% actually.

Dans apre-midi (in the afternoon) we had our first test with our other teacher. Her biggest challenge is teaching us oral comprehension and expression. She likes to play portions of French movies and then drill us on everything we understood, a painful and frequently very silent exhibition. This test involved both listening and speaking, as well as a written portion. It was intimidating but I think it went okay. I forgot one of the words in the spoken portion and accidentally slipped into the informal once or twice but immediately corrected myself. I did get my teacher to laugh, so I guess that counts for something. I speak French enough with other students that it isn't too uncomfortable even if I am completely wrong and using hand signals to fill in the gaps. It made that part of the test much easier.

I had a wee bit too much fun with the written portion. We were told to use as much vocab as possible so I went to town and I was still scribbling away when class was supposed to be done.

Robert, the master of the fire
We had a pretty good tournout.
Nobody knew I was taking a picture. Can you tell?

If you want to know who all these people are, feel free to ask.


No comments: