9/15/2009

Some shots of my neighborhood

I haven't yet posted any pictures of the neighborhood I am living in. Traveling into Paris is exciting, but it also gives me an appreciation for the relatively peaceful streets of my suburb. Right around the school there are a lot of apartments, so it feels like Minneapolis. But if I go a quarter mile down the road I hit the old part of the city, and it looks very French. Fortunately whenever we take the train, we go through the cute part of town to get there. These pictures were taken at various times in the last two weeks during one trip or another. I am still very shy about taking out my camera and taking pictures of people's houses, which is why I have so few pictures and also why they aren't well composed.
This is such a cute little window, and the pegs holding the shutters open are little heads (click on the photo to see a bigger version of it)
The houses are clustered together, European style, and most of them have wooden shutters.
There are so many pretty old houses, it is hard to know which ones to photograph. I picked this one because the windows on the side are such a strange shape.
This is along the route to the train station. My friend Peter is in front of me with his backpack. His wife is in the yellow shirt way up ahead, walking with another classmate of ours. I have no clue who the guy in black is. He just happened to be walking by.
My friend Bobby and I saw these antique motorcycles sitting in a very small room just off the street. It almost looked more like an entryway than a garage.

No comments: