6/13/2012

Launch It!

Greetings!

I acknowledge that I have thoroughly neglected my blog. My apologies. To be honest, I think I set too high of a standard for myself. I felt that whatever I wrote needed to be either highly amusing or deeply insightful. The problem is, I rarely have the inspiration for anything insightful or the time and energy for anything highly amusing.

So, I hereby resolve to do a better job of keeping you in touch with my life, even when it seems humdrum.

Last night, for example, was pretty boring. I got soaked in sweat and almost knocked out and today I am walking around with a limp.

"What did you do?"

I played ultimate frisbee, that's what I did! And I played it on REAL GRASS, something which might not impress you but it meant a lot to me. I hadn't walked on grass in more than a year.

We played hard, had a lot of fun, and felt the full effects of nearly 100% humidity.  As for the almost getting knocked out part, that was just me and another guy jumping around too much in the end zone. Neither of us caught the frisbee but I did catch his elbow!

I must add that I also made two glorious dives over the course of the evening. I could take a picture of the green stripe on my shirt as evidence. I almost even caught the frisbee on the second dive. It's all about the effort, not the results!

Our results were pretty good though, come to think of it. We lost a fairly close first game and then easily won the second one. After that we switched teams around. My team started out well but struggled when we lost some players. 9 versus 13 isn't easy!

When we finally got done everyone was soaked with sweat and some of us (well, mainly me) also sported a nice layer of dirt and grass. We then decided to go to a restaurant. I think that experience is worthy of it's own blog post, so I'll leave you in suspense.

Parting tip of the day: If you freeze dish soap in a ziplock bag it makes a great home-made ice pack.

No comments: