11/29/2010

Catchup

Here is a brief rundown of everything I haven't blogged about for the past week:

1. Thanksgiving- You will be happy to know that I did get to celebrate it. It was a little crazy pulling it together when we all had class Thursday but we managed. Thank you, D, for once again heading that up. Hooray for living with lots of Americans! Hooray also for leftovers, which have reduced my time in the kitchen this week. This has been handy because

2. I spent the middle of last week frantically pulling together a massive exposé. I am doing it on dream interpretation. I found lots and lots of material in the Bible, and since I have never heard a sermon about it (as far as I can remember), I had to do connect a lot of new dots. At 1:30 Thursday morning I decided that I had done enough research for this particular project and started translating that portion of my paper into French. I think it was almost 4 when I got to bed. I turned the rough draft in the next day and got it back Friday. However, I didn't look at it until today because...

3. We had a major written assignment due today. I spent all of Friday night, most of Saturday, and a couple of hours Sunday night working on it. I am SO glad to have that done. It is the written part of our final exam, so it was really important.

3. As soon as I got that handed in, I started thinking about the dreams exposé, which I will be presenting tomorrow afternoon. I spent all this afternoon revising the rough draft and adding some more details.

4. On another topic, I have once again gotten myself roped into our little Christmas choir for the nursing home. We have been practicing Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for a couple of weeks and we will be "performing" on Wednesday. I am more optimistic about my performance this year, particularly since we have more other guys to cover up my voice.

5. The guitar adventures continue when I need a break from my various projects. I figured out the chords to another French worship song, the one that the kids demanded over and over and over again at camp this summer. I am really excited that I can play it now.

6. I told you I would give you a review of the two CDs I got from Seasons. I like them! They seem to be a neat, devout, and very talented family with some very talented friends. If you like celtic-sounding music, look them up.

7. We finally got some snow Sunday. Woohoo! We are supposed to get more Wednesday. More woohoo!

8. French "hot" Ketchup is not spicy. I literally can not taste the difference.

No comments: