11/07/2010

Gettin' Old

Here are some thoughts from folks nearing the end of their life. They were originally in French and I have taken the liberty of translating into English.

"I do not think that my life is useless, meaningless. I can no longer do anything but go from my bed to my armchair. As long as God leaves me on earth, it is because He thinks that my place is still here. For me, I have no other occupation but to pray and to love."

"Being aged is marvelous because each day draws me closer to God."

"The third age (elderliness) is the age of rest, not of inertia. Everything becomes more simple, we ligthen our load and taste peace."

"At 95 years of age I have finally understood why the Lord is leaving me on earth for so long; it is because I still have lessons to learn here, especially serenity."

"I thank the Lord that he is not like the employers of this world who send on retirement their old servants whose productivity has reduced with age. He wants to use me well until my last breath."

"La Bonne Semence" 7 novembre 2009

No comments: