5/26/2010

Peanut Butter or Chocolate?

A lot of people love Jesus the way they love peanut butter. They really like to have Him once in a while, but they wouldn't want Him all the time and He isn't very exciting just by Himself.

Imagine what the church would be like if we all loved Jesus the way Francophones love chocolate. They eat it at all times of the day. They love it on bread, in cakes, in their milk, in their bread, on their fruit, and I think their preference is just plain, pure chocolate. It is present at every social event. They love to share it with their friends. They consider it to be more a necessity than a desire.

May we seek Jesus at all times of the day and in everything we do. May we seek our sufficiency and satisfaction in Jesus rather than chasing around religious ideas of our own making. May Jesus be present in all of our conversations and interactions, and may we learn to be dependent upon Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do I know Jesus is risen from the dead - because He loves me and is alive in me! (and in you!) Yes, risen from the dead! Which is what I was once - dead in the soul, messed up in sin - searching for meaning -- when all the time Jesus was waiting for me, close by... now I know "My Redeemer lives and on the last day I shall rise again"...

Thanks for the peanut butter and chocolate meditation... i like it!

C. A. Frances

C.A.S. said...

This is a great comparison!
It's a good thing I love chocolate! I always knew there was a good reason for why I didn't like peanut butter! lol :D