2/05/2010

Awww...

I got a package today from my mom with a whole bunch of pictures from home. It made me really miss my family a lot. If I had gotten it on a rainy day it would have been really miserable, actually. But God gave us one of the most beautiful days imaginable today. So as soon as I got done looking at the pictures I pulled the bicycle out of the garage and went for a good long ride. There is nothing like sunshine, a very slight chill, the smell of spring, and a mild physical effort to make me feel fantastic.

On another happy note, I have been singing "Alors, entend nos coeurs" ("Listen to our Hearts," by Steven Curtis Chapman) for a couple of weeks. On Tuesday I found the guitar chords online. They are difficult, but learnable. I also found the chords for "The Great Adventure." Those could keep me busy for quite a while. SCC is a super good guitar player, but fortunately those are two of his easier songs.

And it's the weekend! I am looking forward to getting caught up and relaxing a little. I will NOT be watching the superbowl because it starts at midnight my time. Besides, a far more fascinating television event begins on the 10th. Yay, Olympics! I hope to learn a lot of French watching it this time. Have I ever mentioned that I went to UND at the same time as one of the guys on the US olympic hockey team? I maybe even saw him once in a while. I think that makes me pretty much famous.

And tonight, I am going to attempt tacos. Without taco sauce or salsa. I've got tomato paste and various fun spices from the Asian market that might do in a pinch, and home-made flour tortillas. Mmmmmm!

No comments: