12/01/2009

SWEET!

I had a fantastic dream last night. I was watching TV and a short feature came on celebrating a recent conference meet victory by my former high school swim team. (this was fictional, the season has just started in real life). It was a well made promo video. It captured the spirit of a swim meet, the energy of an upset victory determined by the 400 free relay, and it looked cool. As I watched it, I was impressed and wondered where our local station had come up with the creativity and time to produce an ESPN-quality video for a team few people back home even care about. Then I woke up and was hit with the sudden reality that the promo video was created by ME. It was 100% out of my imagination. I didn't know I had that much creativity. I knew I could watch that kind of thing and marvel but I never thought I could actually create it myself. Now I know that I can- I just have develop the skills and software knowledge to make it happen in real life. There is a ton to know and it's a lot of work, but now I know that once I develop those skills I have the imagination to use them well.

I praise God for giving me that dream. I needed it.

I've had similar dreams with music also. I've heard entire worship bands playing songs I've never heard before but when I wake up I can never remember the melody, to say nothing of the bass line and harmony. I'm not sure that I'll ever be much good at music, though I enjoy playing the four or five chords I've picked in the week and a half I have had my guitar. But at least I can literally dream it up once in a while.

No comments: