12/04/2009

a life in my shelled nut

Greetings! I had a fairly peaceful week. I have joined a little mini-choir that will be performing a few songs at a local nursing home on the 15th. I haven't ever sung in a group, other than theatrical performances where I was masked by everyone else, so being one of the three tenors is a challenge for me. It is doubly challenging because I have to memorize both the words and the music. Until I have at least memorized one or the other, I can't even read along! I am also learning a little guitar, memorizing simultaneously the names of various chords in English and French. 

The French is going quite well. I talked with my teacher today about advancing to the next class after Christmas. She sounds optimistic about it. I will be talking to the directrice about it Monday or Tuesday, so please pray that God will grant me favor with her. Meanwhile, I am going to start working 2 units ahead of my class so I have a jump-start on the catch-up work I will be doing over Christmas break.

I will hopefully be getting some kind of seasons greetings sent out in the next couple of weeks. I want a picture. It is evading me. I really want a picture of all the lights and booths and action and color on the Champs D'Elysee, but the Arch de Triomphe is currently closed due to a strike, thus hampering my plans to take advantage of "free Sunday" this week.

and... I should take a quick shower (I am all sweaty because I just rode a mountain bike all over a forest on the side of a large, steep hill and I learned precisely how much tailside I can get with that particular bike on muddy leaves and it was marvelous), eat something, and go to the worship service being held tonight at a local church.

No comments: