8/02/2014

Grandma

My Grandmother died on Thursday morning. I haven't really known what to write. To be honest I've had so many things going on I've barely had time to think about it, much less write. So now it's Saturday and in between epic trips across town, I'm thinking. And writing.

I wish the Western world knew how to talk about death. I have no idea what to say to someone when they lose a loved one. I also have no idea how to tell anyone else when someone I love has died.

And I wish I could be there with my family right now. But I'm glad that I was there recently and that I was able to somewhat say farewell to Grandma, though at the time I doubt she knew who I was. Then, as now, I had to say farewell in my heart and trust that in heaven she would understand, even if she didn't on earth. Heaven is more important anyway.



1 comment:

Kris said...

We wish you could have been there too!

It was sad, but also a joyous occasion, in a weird way. I think its safe to say that Grandma was ready, and it was time for her to move on. It's really only a "bye for now" anyway.