11/24/2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have many things for which to give thanks. This morning I had no particular plans for the day except to work and run an errand or two for my room mate's birthday tomorrow. Shortly after I got to work my supervisor asked me what I was doing for Thanksgiving and when I told him that I didn't know he immediately invited me to his house. I ended up having a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving meal with some great people. Thank you, God, for your faithfulness! And thank you to my friends for taking me in.

Some other friends sent me a care package a couple of months ago with all kinds of wonderful fall goodies that have also helped me to get in the holiday spirit and keep somewhat in touch with the seasons back home. Here are the leaves spread out on my bedroom floor to imitate fall:

And here is a nifty little foam turkey. I didn't have any glue to put him together so I used cassette tape labels doubled over on themselves. Pretty slick, huh? He is sitting on top of a jar of anti-malarial medication, one of many things for which I am very thankful.

My dear mother sent me a nice email yesterday that included a verse from The Living Bible. Another of the things for which I am intensely thankful is the multitude of Bible translations that we have in English, not to mention commentaries and Bible study tools of all kinds. I'm sure I've read this verse many times before but I like how the Living Bible puts it:

"It is good to say, "Thank you" to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all gods. Every morning tell him, "Thank you for your kindness," and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness. Sing his praises, accompanied by music from the harp and lute and lyre. You have done so much for me, O Lord. No wonder I am glad! I sing for joy."(Psalm 92:1-4)

No comments: