10/19/2010

Music for the Soul

I'm sorry I haven't written in so long. It isn't that I have forgotten, rather that our internet has been crummy with a capital C for about a week. Monday was the first time I could get on in several days, and ever since then access has been slow and unpredictable. There is no chance of getting pictures up.

Anyway, I went to a really neat service Sunday night by a group of very talented Christian musicians. They did a church service in Paris that consisted of classical music and a brief reflection on who we are in relation to God and where we fit into creation. It was also a call to live our lives as if we would die tomorrow, because that is certainly a possibility. The music was phenomenal! Check out the Crescendo page at http://www.crescendo.org

I also found out about another cool group named Slemish. If you like Irish music, check out http://www.reverbnation.com/slemish

Friday night I "babysat" the neighbor boys. They aren't babies, though. We hung out, ate pizza, and then watched Ice Age 2 while their parents went out to eat. Saturday night I rode my bike to church for youth group but I got their late and nobody was there. So I rode back. That was almost a 2 hour round trip. Sunday night was the concert with crescendo. Last night was cheesy buttery deliciousness that is my own take on a French favorite, followed by a vigorous cram session. Today was our midterm exam, which I probably did so-so on. And tonight is getting late. I was going to watch Cyrano de Bergerac, but I might not get to it.

Bonsoirée!

No comments: