10/09/2010

Chevreuse

Yesterday after class I through some change in pocket, strapped on my bike helmet, and flew out the door. Half an hour on the RER, 20 minutes on bike, and I was once again at the chateau above Chevreuse- but this time I got there before it closed! I don't have time right now to give you the grand tour, so I will just put up a couple of pictures and post the rest later.

The first image is from the bike path between the RER station and Chevreuse. I had to do some VTT (mountain biking) to get up the hill to the castle. There is a path that brings you right underneath the ramparts and then up to the road that runs to the castle. You can see it over the wall. The panoramic shot is, of course, from the wall inside the castle.
And this picture has nothing to do with the castle. I actually took it in Anthony during the Cheese and Wine festival and then edited it to make it more dreamy-looking. I couldn't find any way to work it into that post, so I will simply tack it on here. We call this thorough planning.

No comments: