4/11/2009

Makeup Work


Back in college when I missed a week of class I had to do makeup work. This blog posting is my makeup work for the last two weeks of almost complete non-communication. My excuse is that I now live with a family in the house pictured on the right. So I spend most of my precious free time harassing my adopted brothers or going to their games or teaching them stuff or whatever, rather than nurturing my e-life. It's a good trade, but y'all get the short end of the stick.
Speaking of sticks, the family I live with is a woman and three goalies. The husband played goalie for NAVY back in the day, and now the older son is a lacrosse goalie and the younger son is a hockey goalie. And I, as an obsessive photographer, have been chronicling their respective rises to stardom... or something like that. Here they are:

The younger son in action

No wonder he keeps complaining about pulling things.

Go! I mean, STOP!

Denied!

Here is the older son in action against:

Intense!

Like Fran Tarkenton with a stick.

Lacrosse is like football without pads where the guys are allowed to whack each other with sticks. And for the goalie, it is like being a baseball pitcher who TRIES to get hit by every line drive that crosses the mound. A good high school lacrosse player can fling the ball 90 mph+ and it is harder than a baseball.

I also got out for a half hour photo shoot this week and got some shots of an old railroad about 4 miles from the house.




No comments: