4/13/2009

The Barn

This post is primarily for my parents. One of those bald eagle pictures that I took made it look like there is a barn on our property that isn't there. So I went back and looked through the rest of the images. Two others show the same barn and make it clear that it belongs to the neighbors. Unfortunately, when I left home this morning it was too dark to see clearly, so I guess you guys will have to go see for yourselves.

This is the picture that originally puzzled us. In the foreground is the eagle, in the middle ground is my mom walking on our hill, and it looks like a barn is sitting just on the other side of the hill- just below where our garden actually is.

This picture helps to show that the barn is actually much farther away. Too bad it is so blurry. The Winters' barn is probably a half mile farther from the camera than our place, so it is amazing that it could look so large in the first picture.
Oh- and don't get our silo confused with the one in the first picture. Ours has no red markings at the top and has a cross hanging on it.

Click on the picture to see the full size image, and look at the far right edge.

2 comments:

Tom G said...

I looked from the road and Winter's silo is clearly visable. it's amazing how zooming shrinks distances.

Tom G said...

It's also amazing how in focus the barn and silo are in the first picture.