11/20/2008

The End is Near

The work load is reducing at my temp job, and I think my final day will come in the next two weeks. In other news, it is a little bit cold outside. I went for a run today and felt really nice and toasting running with the wind, and frighteningly like a icicle running into the wind. I thought about my pitiful mileage and contemplated trashing my running log. Compared to the mileage I used to run, it is humiliating. However, I have decided to keep it up for now, even if I must fill it with zeros. I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps the reason will come to me presently.
In yet other news, the radio station I listen to has added Michelle Tumes and Eleventyseven to my list of favorite music-makers, which is odd because they are completely different. I'm not even sure how they ended up on the same radio station, to say nothing of one that broadcasts out of France. And in yet other news, my audio listening sessions while I make and eat supper each night have brought me to chapter 32 of Jane Eyre, a delightfully long book. I held it in deep suspicion until chapter 27. It has been growing on me since then. The conversation at the end of chapter 32 was particularly interesting to me- and maybe even helpful.
I am sure there is other news that might be good to disseminate, but I can't think of it now.
Picture Time! I haven't posted any pictures in a long time. Let's see... a sunset from the airplane would be cool. I saw another sunset from an airplane flying back home, and it was the shortest sunset of my life because we were descending on the final approach into Atlanta. From the time the bottom of the sun touched the horizon to the moment that no part of the sun was visible took less than 30 seconds-probably closer to 15. I would have gotten video, but they had already told us to turn off all electronic devices.

I will also post a picture that I took from an undisclosed secret location while on a mission with NASA.

--or perhaps I used the Gimp to touch up a picture that I took out of an airplane window. Perhaps. You will never know for sure, will you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ditched my running log at the end of my first summer after college. Well I put it in a box in the closet. And you're right - it's very depressing to see "9 miles" at the end of the week...week after week...when we used to run so much!

Hope that's encouraging!!

I.S. said...

yeah, misery loves company. I console myself with the idea that when I start training for the marathon my mileage is going to skyrocket and I can look back at these pitiful weeks and laugh.

At least, that's how it would work in a perfect world...