7/26/2012

This City

As you may know, we have now entered a period of time when many of the people around me are especially fervent in their desire to please God. They do extra good deeds and pray extra prayers in hope of earning His favor. Last night there was a gathering in my neighborhood with this goal- showing enough fervor and dedication to somehow make the human voice heard far away in God's lofty chambers.

Because of what Jesus did for me on the cross, I have an intimate relationship with God. I know that He hears my softest whisper as well as my loudest cry, and He moves to answer before the question has even entered my mind. So as the chanting floated through my bedroom window, I said a prayer of my own.

You can see the video here.

The song is "God of this city" by Peter Kernaghan, Andrew McCann, Ian Jordan, Aaron Boyd, Richard Bleakley & Peter Comfort (a band known as Bluetree). It's been so long since I heard it that I may not be singing it correctly, but to me it didn't much matter.

No comments: