3/19/2012

My good deed for the day

One night I saw a little baby bird flopping helplessly on the ground. We've had some high winds, so I imagine he got blown of his nest. As I watched he managed to lift off the ground, fly about 3 feet in the air, and then come crashing back down. He didn't move too much after that. He was still breathing but he was either too stunned or too scared to try flying any more. I couldn't think of any way to help him. I figured the best bet was to leave him where he was so at least his parents could find him.

Then, as I was walking to back to my apartment, I saw two cats in the parking lot. I interrupted their domestic quarrel in a most unceremonious fashion and chased them around the parking lot, yelling and howling. Eventually I chased one out the gate and the other over the wall. I'm sure the guards now think that I am absolutely nuts, but I feel happy to have purchased my little birdy friend another hour or two of life. I hope he got ahead of the learning curve pretty soon on the flying deal.

No comments: