2/23/2012

Romans 6:8

Will this fall ever end?
Will I ever hit the bottom?

Thunk

The bottom brings no relief.
A shaking, a tumbling
Cold and darkness

Time.
For what purpose?
Existence.
To what end?
I am wasting away
Why am I here?
My end is near.
Does anyone care?
Does anyone even know?

Day consumes day,
Month consumes month
Decay consumes my flesh

A final stroke
A fatal shudder
I am torn apart,
My soul laid bare.
I am finished.


But what is this?
There, poking from the fissure in my rotted shell
A pale, fragile bud
Pushing out against the cruel earth
Slowly displacing one grain of sand
Then another
Gathering strength to push again
An agony of effort
Moments of unparalleled struggle
Following one after another
For days upon days
in the cold and dark

A final heave
Sunlight!



(John 12:24)

No comments: