2/26/2012

The Community of Faith

Praise God for my friends.

Three nights ago I was asking God why, every time I opened the Bible, I read about brutal battles or laws about mildew or something else that seemed to have nothing to do with my situation. I was asking Him why I never seemed to hear from Him any more, why I sat in my chair night after night and morning after morning studying the Bible and it didn't seem to have much impact on my life or help me to figure anything out. As I ranted I suspected that the answer had something to do with community. I think in the past three days He has been proving that to me.

I praise God for SK, who sat me down for 45 minutes on Thursday and helped me to put some important struggles into perspective.

I praise God for Friday night. M's monologue about suffering was insightful and helped me more than he realized. The others had good thoughts as well.

I praise God for my friends who take the time to write thoughtful blogs. In recent days several blog posts have touched my mind and heart and shed light on some of my questions.

I praise God for S. Last night she sent me a marvelous email.

I praise God for Dr. A. This morning his sermon was the perfect compliment to M's monologue and S's thoughts.

I praise the Lord for placing me in a body, a community of faith. I thank Him for using others to bless me with the insight, wisdom, and faith that He gives them. May He help me to be attuned to His spirit so that I can also be a blessing to them in return.

We don't need to fly solo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)
S