3/17/2010

Patrick.

I am having a really unproductive day. On the upside, it has been very inspiring. I have been reading about St. Patrick. I first read through what he had to be said about himself. You can find an English translation of the original Latin here.

Then, on the same website, there is a very interesting account of his life written in 1945. There are many legends surrounding Patrick, so it is hard to know how much of it is true and how much has been created in legend in the last 1500 years. But I would consider it much more accurate then most of the legends floating around on the internet. Much of it is supported, if very briefly, by Patrick's own writing. You can find the story here.

There is a really good chance I will be posting a summary of Patrick's life and some reflections later today. But I have a lot to do, so it might not happen until tomorrow. Or this weekend. :-)

No comments: