10/12/2011

Blog Overhaul

As you have probably noticed, this weekend I tweaked the blog a little bit. My main goal is to make it more readable without it looking gaudy, immature, or overly... um... textbookish. I am sort of happy with what I have found here but I could use some input. Here are some other fonts that I played with:





It's like an auction. If you see something you like, put in a bid! My operating currency is public feedback. I think my preference would be the font in the second one but it seems like it could be a bit difficult to read.

4 comments:

Tom G said...

I like #3, for my smallish screen bigger is better. Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm the worst when it comes to deciding these sort of things. I think all the options are fine, aside from the fact that all of them seem to almost "glow" a a little much. Perhaps if you set the color to just a tiiiiny bit off-white? idk.

laura said...

this is why you work the job you do....I could barely tell the font differences, and had not noticed you'd changed it around. glad you're having fun though!

I.S. said...

Well folks, after much playing I discovered that most of the "web fonts" were not consistently being loaded by my browser (Firefox), which made me suspect that using a special font would probably cause goofy issues on other people's computers as well. So I'm back to good old Times New Roman. I've bumped up the size a bit to increase readability and I've darkened the color so as not to scorch aflocka's corneas. Let me know if you have any other ideas!